Annual Employee Recognition Awards
The WVU Cancer Institute Employee Recognition Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for its annual Employee Recognition Awards Program. If you would like to nominate and recognize excellence amongst our faculty, members, staff, employees and Cancer Service Line staff members who devote their professional lives to cancer prevention, care or research in any and all capacities, please use this easy online nomination form. It has been revised to make it easier to nominate and recognize excellence in our colleagues.
Nomination applications must be submitted by February 15, 2017. The review committee will be comprised of last year’s awardees. Award recipients will be notified in spring/early summer, 2017. The celebration honoring the recipients will be held during a Tea Time the Atrium of the Cancer Institute.
Awards will be given in the following categories of excellence in any of our guiding principles:
Categories: Quality, Innovation, Teamwork, Accountability, & ServiceCriteria for Award
- Uses best practices to ensure providing the highest possible standard of patient care, clinical and/or programmatic effectiveness and/or outcomes; strives for excellence and continuous quality improvement in all aspects of role; comprehensive, integrative and innovative types of cancer research enduring value in its scientific field.
Purpose: To recognize a faculty member, staff member or employee who has made significant contributions to cancer care or cancer research through quality practices and/or outcomes.
– Discovery of new knowledge through cutting edge cancer research; deliberate application of information, imagination and initiative in deriving greater or different values from resources, and includes all processes by which new ideas are generated and used for application; shares ideas to further satisfy the needs and expectations of our patients.
Purpose: To recognize a faculty member, staff member or employee who has made significant contributions to cancer care or cancer research through sharing of ideas and information, and taking initiative.
- Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal; demonstrates working well with others trying their best in any circumstance; cooperates using individual skills and providing constructive feedback, despite any personal conflict between individuals; values and respects others across all aspects of the enterprise- Cancer Service Line and Cancer Center.
Purpose: To recognize a faculty member, staff member or employee who has made significant contributions to cancer care or cancer research by working effectively with others to achieve goals/outcomes.
– Is responsible and accountable for actions, decisions, and performance; positive and professional in demeanor and interactions at all times.
Purpose: To recognize a faculty member, staff member or employee who has made significant contributions to cancer care or cancer research by accepting personal responsibility for all actions and to disclose results/outcomes in a transparent manner.
- Uses knowledge, skills and attitudes to ensure that our patients are the center of everything we do; uses knowledge, skills, ability, and attitudes to help colleagues achieve best results.
Purpose: To recognize a faculty member, staff member or employee, who has made significant contributions to cancer prevention, care, research, or service to the institution through student educational programs, shared research resources, or the optimal patient care experience.
All Award Recipients:
- Maintain WVU Healthcare behavioral standards.
- Create a culture of ethical standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and excellence in current role.
- Have no active/current discipline in file for attendance or performance.