The Bridge Clinic
The goal of the Bridge Program is to improve the coordination of care and decrease the consequences of lung cancer treatment for patients in West Virginia.
The Bridge Program brings together health care professionals from multiple disciplines to create a comprehensive care plan tailored to the specific needs of each patient.
During the half-day clinic, each patient has the opportunity to meet individually with a nurse practitioner, licensed social worker, dietician, psychiatrist, physical therapist, and occupational therapist.
Those enrolled in the program will:
- Meet with multiple care providers in a half-day clinic
- Receive a comprehensive, person-centered survivorship plan on the day of attendance
- Meet with other survivors and their families
- Receive information on valuable resources to survivors of lung cancer
- Have continued assistance from a program coordinator, who will ensure the needs identified in the survivorship plan are met
In the months following the clinic, the patient can expect follow-up communication from the program coordinator and additional assessments that are completed to ensure patient satisfaction and assistance with ongoing health concerns/needs.