This includes WVU faculty and staff (state employees) whose job duties bring them into contact with patients. The requirement applies to those whose work requires them to enter patient care areas intermittently, even if their main work location is elsewhere. If you’re uncertain if this applies to you, ask your supervisor for clarification or contact Employee Wellness. Proof of immunization must be provided to the employee’s department supervisor.
- Flu shots are available at Employee Health. Employees should complete their ReadySet flu survey prior to receiving the vaccine.
- Employee Health is open weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The clinic is located on the second floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, near the 2 West waiting room.
- If you are requesting a religious exemption for the flu shot, you will need to submit a completed religious exemption form to Human Resources (or other designee) and complete your online seasonal flu survey by Wednesday, Nov. 7.
- The deadline to receive the vaccine and provide proof of immunization is Wednesday, Dec. 5.
- More information can be found on Connect.
- To promote employee health, WVU Employee Wellness has partnered with WVU Medicine to offer WVU employees, dependent family members, retirees and students the opportunity to receive a flu vaccination on campus, no appointment necessary.
- Flu shots are a fully covered service under PEIA and The Health Plan for insured employees, spouses, and dependent family member/s. Those not insured through PEIA or The Health Plan may bill their insurance or pay cash or check for vaccination at a cost of $25.
- The full schedule is posted on the Employee Wellness site. Please bring a copy of your insurance card and complete the FLU CLINIC PACKET in advance. Students, please bring your student ID.
- For more information, contact WVU Employee Wellness at EmployeeWellness@mail.wvu.edu.
Students working in WVU Medicine clinical areas or on clinical rotations elsewhere should contact their Student Services Office to obtain information on how to receive the flu vaccine.
Employees with questions about the flu vaccine are encouraged to review these FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Making time for a Mountaineer game on the weekend can be stressful - especially if you're working, or studying, at Ruby Memorial or Health Sciences Morgantown.