The West Virginia Science and Research Opportunity Grants Program announces availability of funds for the improvement of undergraduate science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education in West Virginia.
Proposal deadline is March 31, 2019.
- Organization: All four-year colleges and universities in West Virginia, West Virginia Community and
Technical colleges, West Virginia private and public K-12 schools, non-profit organizations that are tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3) or a governmental agency.
- Principal Investigator (PI) Eligibility: Full-time faculty from four-year colleges and universities in West Virginia and faculty from West Virginia Community and Technical Colleges, principals from West Virginia private and public K-12 schools, directors of non-profit organizations or agency heads of a governmental agency.
- Limit on Proposals: No institution, organization or agency may submit more than two (2) proposals per year.
- Type of Award: typically cost reimbursable
- Anticipated Award Date: varies
- Award Period: less than 1 year
- Estimated Number of Awards: 8-10
- Maximum Funding per Award: $5,000
- Anticipated Total Funding: $40,000
- Cost Share Requirement: none
All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to participate.
The School of Dentistry's tobacco treatment training program welcomes more than 10 types of heathcare providers to learn more about evidence-based strategies for helping patients quit using tobacco.
Tumult in the bacterial community that occupies your gut—known as your microbiome—doesn’t just cause indigestion. For people recovering from a stroke, it may influence how they get better.