Types of Members
- Faculty with a full-time appointment in a department at West Virginia University with demonstrable cancer research interest;
- Have independent funding or funding as a significant co-investigator on a multi-investigator or program project grant, for cancer-related research from an external funding agency or have principal investigator status on an investigator-initiated clinical trial.
- Faculty, especially junior faculty, who plan to pursue an academic career focused in cancer-related research; and are eligible to apply for national peer-reviewed support; and have mentored or small grant cancer-related funding.
- Those who lead a Shared Resource or have other significant roles such as community-based research, education and training, or strong participation in a Cancer Center program may be approved as Associate Members. Membership is limited to the period during which they serve in these roles.
- Faculty who have an active role in a Cancer Center Multidisciplinary Tumor Board and/or Clinical Translational Research Program (e.g. Breast Cancer);
- Faculty who accrue patients to cancer clinical trials.